Love is a powerful emotion, felt even with the smallest of gestures, and the same has been depicted by Phillipa Rice via these illustrations in her book, “Soppy”. The drawings and cartoons are inspired from her own love story.
Indeed, love cannot just be seen from materialistic gestures but small unspoken things.
1. It can be a small romantic walk in the windy autumn. You needn’t fill the beautiful silence with words. The other’s company is all that matters.
2. You can spend time in the same room, not talking, not partaking in any activity, yet sharing the time and space, making it special.
3. Even the biggest problem of what to eat can be easily solved when you decide together.
4. Something as mundane and annoying as washing dishes can be fun when you help each other.
5. Sometimes, falling asleep alone can be a task. But, holding your loved one close creates a warm and extremely comfortable atmosphere.
6. The better half can get extremely worried and scared if you are in a bad mood. They worry that you might be angry with them.
7. Holding their hand in the bad weather (metaphorically and literally) can be the best part of the day. You are so glad they are there when you need them to be.
8. Being troubled by the one you love is something you don’t mind anymore. The petty arguments are filled with fun and humour.
9. Fights that seemed like the end of the world can be easily forgiven over a cup of coffee.
10. Finally, you can spend a normal day with them yet it may seem as the best day you have ever had in a long, long time.
Phillipa Rice very cutely shows us that smaller things in love can mean the biggest in reality.
A cup of coffee, a small hug, or even just understanding can be enough for a relationship and for two people in love to make it through till the end.
Her illustrations are humorous, witty and adorable in composition. Do check out her book, “Soppy”. There is a lot more to fawn over.
Images Source: BoredPanda